Thursday, October 02, 2008

In Search Of An Apricot

Yesterday in the post below, I gave myself the task of finding an apricot and some red cabbage to make my diet a little more interesting. Well, I got busy reading, writing, blogging and twittering and barely made it out of the house, until the end of the day and then went for a walk up the street and found a corner deli run by Greeks and I don't say it in any racial manner, I mean, this was a Greek store FULL of insanely cool Greek food and rather rare Greek ingredients for Greek dishes, many of which I couldn't identify.

And best of all, they had apricots! Hurray! Dried apricots and gorgeous dried figs. I got some of each.

So I spent a long time wandering the aisles looking at Greek candy, Greek soap, Greek herbs (beautiful big bags of dried rosemary on the stalk for cheap) and many other exotic grains, spices, breads, sweets. It is an amazing store and I have never taken the time to look inside. I bought a bar of blue Greek Sailor's soap. It was like taking home a bit of the Aegean Sea. Beautiful blue soap from a far away sea.

I never found my red cabbage yesterday, but I did find it today. And that's a story for another day.