Sunday, December 19, 2004

I Was Blind, But Now I See

I was telling a new friend recently about my cataract surgery last year. I had cataracts from birth, only discovered when I was 16. Here's some background on it, all in one place.

Here's my snow globe post about how rotten my eyes were, it's from April 2003.

In August of 2003, I had my surgery, here's something I wrote that day about how stunning it was to be able to see the illumination and beauty of this world. I was giddy that whole day, check out this link. And boy, I thought construction workers looked good, but little did I know HOW good until I had my eyes repaired and I could read a tag on the buff guy's shirt!

This was a post I wrote about feeling really rather sad about the years and years I had been seeing so poorly and missing so much and not even realizing that fact, until my eyes were fixed. As much joy as I experienced thanks to the surgery, this loss was a tough thing to come to terms with.