Monday, February 19, 2007

Sunshine State

I'm away from the 13 degree Boston weather ... Thank God ... in Florida trying to dodge a sunburn. You don't realize how much energy just keeping warm takes up North until you get down here and don't have to even think twice about whether to wear a jacket (much less hat, gloves, scarf, boots, etc.) out the door. It's a pleasure.

Sand between my toes ... I love it. Sun on my arm as it hangs out the driver's side of the car ... yes. The continuous clean sweeping of palm fronds, like brush bristles, green and stiff scrubbing the air fresh and clean against blue blue blue skies, puffy white clouds ... idyllic.

There's something so Neurotic and Northeast (New Englanders and New Yorkers, you know what I mean) about the WINTER WEATHER BATTLE. Ugh. We haven't even had much winter weather and I'm sick of it. It wears you out and wears you down. And what are we trying to prove by it anyway?

Photo Credit: FL Dept of Ed