Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Married People Are Getting Laid?!? News To Me!

Okay, I'll fess up. I'm biased. I'm single, not married. And when I read this one shocking statistic in that ABC News Prime Time Sex Poll a few weeks back and blogged about it here, I just could not get my head wrapped around their statistic that married people are getting laid a whole lot more than single people.
In another area of accord, three-quarters of men and women alike say it's more enjoyable to be married than dating. Sexual activity is a likely reason: Just 35 percent of singles are currently involved in a sexual relationship (rising to 51 percent of young singles), compared with 83 percent of couples (and 91 percent of couples excluding seniors).

-- ABC NEWS Primetime Live Sex Survey

I mean, honestly, it stopped me dead in my tracks.

I mean, listen, all my married friends complain about is NOT getting laid. Are they just trying to keep the real truth hidden from me, (they are so busy doing it, they can barely remember how to spell their own names) so as not to hurt my single girl feelings?!?

And I don't mean to brag, but I'm surely the girl in school that's wrecking the curve and all my married girlfriends always want to hear about whatever sex I'm stirring up and pry every sexy detail out of me. (I never kiss and tell. Well, maybe once in a while I blog about it.)

So what gives? All these married people are getting laid?!? Not according to my coffee break discussions! Maybe they mean married people are getting laid, but NOT necessarily by their spouses. That might make sense.