Thursday, August 11, 2005

I Sound Like An American!

I had to laugh the other day when I read someone's critique of my voice. I think they had enjoyed listening to my podcast show, Memory Lane, here, maybe it was the interview with Meg Hourihan of Blogger fame.

Anyway, their comment about me was, "Halley sounds so American!"

Okay ... being an American and definately being raised here (in Connecticut by parents from the Midwest), I was in no way shocked that I sound American ... and I still don't know what this person expected.

Maybe because I speak French and blog in French often, they thought I'd have a French accent?! I don't know. But here's a link to me talking. I think I sound a lot like ... me. Hell, I even sound American when I speak French, something I used to try to hide with a semi-phony French accent and now that my French is better and better and I'm a little less insecure, I LIKE having an American accent in French.