Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Ongoing Investigation and Ongoing News Story

Good question from a reporter in the White House Press conferencee that perhaps there's an ongoing news story here that the American people do want to know the truth. Scott McClellan keeps telling us that this is an ongoing investigation and he can't say anything.

"If the American people hear what I'm saying they can appreciate that it's not the appropriate time to talk" -- No, Scott McClellan, not so. It's high time and quite appropriate to tell us whether Karl Rove will be fired.

I'm the American people and I want you to tell the truth about what's going on.

I'm the American people and I want to know why you lied about the weapons of mass destruction and now ... hell, it's hard to trust you after that ... because you lied before.

I'm the American people -- remember me -- the ones who are watching our sons and daughters and brothers and sisters and husbands and wives and friends get annihilated in the videogame known as The Iraq War.

But, as the American People, I'm willing to let you take this appropriate time -- NOW -- to tell me if Karl Rove lied and therefore he's being fired.

We the American People are getting used to being fired all the time in this economy you guys have created -- we're totally okay with liars being fired. We're all for that.

Feel free -- tell us Scott!