Thursday, June 23, 2005

Give Up Give In

I really did injure myself at the beginning of the week by falling so hard on my tailbone after rollerblading. I've had to take the time to STOP DOING EVERYTHING and just lie around, not moving, not trying to get things done, just resting and letting my body heal.

I just can't stand it. I realized this week that I am always on the go and having to downshift to doing nothing is one of the toughest things I've ever had to do.

But today something happened and I decided to just give up and give in and really listen to my body and actually construct my day around DOING NOTHING. I took it reasonably easy (still way too busy) but even managed to take a long nap in the afternoon. There's something mind boogling for me about people who are forced to have bedrest for months on end. I can barely manage a whole day resting in bed.