Friday, May 13, 2005

Schedule

I just wrote an hourly schedule of what I have to do between today Friday and Monday when I'll be in New York speaking here at the Personal Democracy Forum Conference.

It's daunting and I think I would have been better off NOT writing it down.

It appears that if I don't pick up my drycleaning at some point today, disaster will ensue.

I was thinking about how many men at the conference will have someone ELSE pick up their drycleaning for them today ...

I was thinking about all the things I do for myself because I'm a single parent and a woman and remembering how being married has some certain advantages for some people.

And then I was thinking what my schedule would look like from the old days when I was actually married. I would have had to add some hours for fighting about things like who would pick up the drycleaning. So maybe it wouldn't have been better, it might have been worse. For better or for worse, in sickness and in health.

So maybe ... maybe I should stop thinking about all of it.

And just do it.