Sunday, March 20, 2005

Immediate Media

I like the way blogging lets you slip and slide off topic onto other things. The thing I wrote below about YHTBT wasn't at all the direction I intended to go at first.

I really wanted to write about something I got interested in after reading Scoble's new chapters from his book, "Blog or Die" or is it called "The Red Couch" -- I don't remember.

Here's what I wanted to talk/think about: Why the immediacy of blogs -- immediate media -- create a trust bond between reader and author. Why do we have to feel like we are there, right up close and next to the author in order to say, we trust this guy/girl. We trust their words because they feel as immediate as a phone call, a private conversation, a engaging bullshit session in the dining commons after dinner.