Thursday, March 31, 2005

Hubba Hubba Yeah Yeah Yeah

Jay Rosen's posted the greatest thing ... per usual ... and what Craig Newmark says below has me going "Uh, uh, uh, Go Craig! Go Craig! Right on! Baby! Baby!" and I'm doing a small 50 Cent dance:
I realize I'm no newsguy, not an activist; just like everyone else, tired of news that I can't trust. My favorite irony is that Jon Stewart produces fake news that's honest; and the White House produces allegedly honest news that's really fake.

My guess is that either me, personally, or my craigslist team, will
promote work which merges professional and citizen journalism, along with more fact checking and more investigative journalism. We're relying on people who really know this stuff to advise, and can't predict what me or craigslist will do. However, it's really important to us that we help newspeople and newspapers survive the big transition, and thrive.