Monday, November 08, 2004

I HEART LA

Glad to see Andrew Sullivan took a weekend off, headed to the West Coast and stopped being a total anti-Los Angeles snob for a few days. I used to suffer from the same disease, growing up in Greenwich, Connecticut, being an East Coast snob for most of my life, but then ending up in LA from 1990 - 2000 and loving it.

He describes that great area called "walk Temple" in the LA Classified ads -- Fairfax near the Farmer's Market -- which I love too. Miss Dupar's for sure. And anything within walking distance of the La Brea Tar Pits can't be bad, He admits to having a wonderful visit to the City of the Angels and no car required:
It was made even better by staying right next to the CBS studios in Fairfax, across the street from Farmer's Market. You can walk everywhere for food, movies, coffee, books, or just people-watching. I usually feel at a loss in L.A. because I don't know how to drive a car. But not this time.