Tuesday, July 06, 2004

10 Good Reasons I'm Not Blogging The Democratic Convention

I applied and probably would have gotten credentials for the Demo Convention here in Boston, and may still get them, for what it's worth, but I'm definately not going.

Thing is, it's a special vacation week just to spend with my son, so there's no way I would pass up time with my kid to go to a convention.

So here's my 10 good reasons:

1. Going swimming with him;

2. Toasting marshmellows with him;

3. Cooking burgers with him;

4. Organizing his GI Joe's jeep, gear, guns, etc.;

5. Visiting Six Flags with him and my sister;

6. Staying up late to watch TV with him;

7. Rollerskating with him, if it's not too hot;

8. Cranking up the air conditioning really high if it's hot and hiding under the blankets and reading with him;

9. Playing snowboarding videogames with him which make you feel cool and chilly even in late July;

10. Singing him to sleep at night and feeling blessed to have such a great son.