Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Enough Blogging

I've been having a number of conversations -- I might say coincidental conversations -- with top bloggers who are getting very tired of blogging. You'll notice I've cut back too lately.

Reading Andrew Sullivan's post on "Blog Fatigue" with the great line, "I begin to wonder what the half-life of a blogger is" and his pointer to Glenn Reynolds's confession of deep fatigue confirms this as well. They sound plain tuckered out.

Betsy Devine and I were talking about this yesterday at lunch. No surprise this is happening as the weather goes from spring to summer. I told her I just don't have the inclination to be hibernating at my desk, when I can be out and about with my son, riding bikes, playing Little League, eating ice cream.

The winter months spent inside warming one's hands in front of the computer monitor hearth made some sort of sense that makes no sense now.