Saturday, March 13, 2004

Spring Cleaning: Desktops

Oh, hell. I thought I was GETTING SOMEWHERE with this cleaning business, but I was thinking macro, not micro. A reader sent me a picture of her desk area, teasing me that the picture I posted of my desk last week was so clean and pretty and how did I manage to have such a lovely desk. Well, first of all, that "desk" is my dining room table, so it's a cheat picture. I have an office and a desk, that's a perfect tornado of papers, believe me. So there's a lot to do in there and I will start the big dig soon -- especially as a big bunch of the paper swirl is required for my taxes.

Her picture nearly blew out my mailbox which is at near 90% capacity. I keep a very tiny email inbox just for that reason, so I'm forced on a regular basis to give a lot of old messages the big heave-ho. So add that to my cleanup list.

And how about the desktop of this computer? WHAT A MESS! Time to get some e-trash bags (new folders) set up and make a clean sweep of the thing.