Monday, March 08, 2004

Priest's Son's Passion

And of course, as cool as AKMA is, his son is 1000X more cool. Don't miss his blog on seeing the movie:
First off, I disliked the ending scene. I think it would have been a more effective ending to have left off the resurrection, or at least made the resurrection scene be not quite so "staunch-hero-standing-upright-for-the-good-guys". Secondly, some of the technicalities in the crucifixion process bugged me. Thirdly, I couldn't have moved that cross that far in peak condition, let alone half flayed, let alone up onto the rocky lump that was Golgotha. Now, there were parts that I did actually enjoy, between the bouts of tears. The Devil, for instance, I thought was well done. The combination of the only mildly distinctly female face and the higher-ranged male voice gave the character an asexual quality, which I thought fitting.