Sunday, March 07, 2004

I Love Boys

I love boys, but I totally do NOT get them. I do not understand what makes them do the crazy things they do. Feeling a lot like a mom, a girl, a woman, a female today as I look at a pile of mud encrusted pants, winter parkas so dirty they beg for the garbage can, not the washer, one saturated mud sneaker, its mate swallowed by a mud monster at the bottom of a mud hole in the back yard.

When you invite your kid's best friends -- two twin boys -- over for a sleepover and you have return them with one missing shoe, dressed in your own kids' clothes because all their clothes are in your washer -- it's not easy to explain. I guess one missing shoe is better than one missing boy, but how is it that they can get so filthy so fast and always as you're rushing out the door to an event that requires clean clothes ... oh, yeah ... and shoes.