Sunday, February 15, 2004

Tuning In Late

I saw a concert on TV of this great woman singer, but they didn't put her name on the screen or even have a commercial break mentioning who the artist was. It was driving me crazy trying to figure it out. I didn't know who she was but I did know I loved her music. I remembered one song and scribbled down the words because I liked them so much.

"But this just the beginning
We're already wet, and we're gonna go swimming

Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you
Why can't I speak whenever I talk about you
It's inevitable, it's a fact that we're gonna get down to it
So tell me
Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you
"


Of course, it was Liz Phair -- someone I keep hearing is so great and I guess not only did I tune in late to the concert on TV, but tuned in late to how terrific she is.