Saturday, February 21, 2004

There Are A Few Things

At Christmas, I noticed for all the nice things I got, there were a few things -- just little things -- that weren't even necessarily gifts, that I bought to use wrapping gifts and writing out tags, like this new Scotch tape dispenser that I really loved that were just wonderful to have around my house. Also some new gel pens I got that I'm particularly fond of.

Is it odd to be so ga-ga over a few small items that are designed in a simple and beautiful way and just make my day? In some ways I'm more fond of them than any of the other "big" gifts I got this year.

Here's the tape dispenser. It looks like a lovely one-horse open ice sleigh, dashing through the snow.

Here's the pen I love. It's called the Uni-ball Signo Gelstick. I only have the black ones. I like their funky torpedo shape.