Monday, February 23, 2004

Glaucoma Test

And if an eye exam weren't bad enough, you may know about the glaucoma test where they must press on your eyeball. For some reason, the eye drops they used to use to numb my eyes before this procedure made me feel both faint and nauseous.

The doctor where I had my surgery actually mentioned this is common for people who are allergic to the standard drops and he had a way of putting in the dye separately from the numbing drops that kept me from having that reaction. Since you need to hold your head really STILL when they do this test, it used to get me even more freaked out to know I might faint or vomit WHILE they were performing the test. He saved the day by telling me about this small detail and they marked it in my chart so every time I've had the test since then, I've had no trouble. THAT's excellent customer service. It used to be the reason I dreaded all eye appointments. Not anymore. EyeBoston rocks.