Sunday, February 22, 2004

Friends

Lately, I've been feeling so lucky to have a group of great friends who always seem to know what's best for me, better than I know. They call and invite me out to dinner at just the right moment when I'm feeling a little lonely, they offer me a chance to go swimming and have a fun meal afterwards on just the right Saturday afternoon, they share the difficult times they've gone through as women, parents, single parents, people who've been through loss, or are going through it right now. I really don't remember ever feeling so blessed as I do lately with all these great friends. I wonder if I was just not appreciating them when I was married, perhaps taking them for granted, but these days, I feel so lucky they can put up with me, be friendly with me or just plain care about me. It's wonderful.