Saturday, February 07, 2004

Dinner

Last night, with little planning, I managed to have a perfectly lovely dinner with Ole from Aperio here at the Westin in their Sports Bar. The waitress came over to ask how everything was -- both of said PERFECT so emphatically, I think we scared her -- but it was perfect. The big booths had a private TV where my kid could watch Sponge Bob Square Pants while we talked tech and the food was out of this world. Nachos, great salad with goat cheese, mahi-mahi and my secret favorite thing in the world that people who live in warm climates take for granted, but once the cool weather rolls in the Northeast disappears from the menu -- ICED TEA!!!

And did I mention ... it was my birthday and what a great birthday surprise to have dinner with this great new friend. Perfect ending to the perfect day.