Friday, February 27, 2004

Coins In The Pocket Of My PJ's

For some reason, when I'm sick, I paddle around the house in my pink pj's with coins in the big square patch pockets on the front of the top of the jackety part. I do not have a newstand or a vending machine in my humble abode. I do not intend to go anywhere and spend this money. I don't even know why I have it rattling around in my pocket.

It does make me feel safe for some reason. Like those dying Irish people who want to put coins on their eyelids to pay the River Styx guy, it just seems lucky to have some pocket money on me, in case my sickness gets dire. It's good to leave this world with some spending money. Gotta have it if you're gonna visit that big mall in the sky.

Not to worry, I'm nowhere near that sick. I am a lousy sick person. The whole thing makes me mad and I am ansy as shit trying to just get back to WELLSVILLE. I'm blessed with darned fine health and don't get sick much -- here it is nearly March and this is my first cold this winter I believe. I seem to consider illness some very bad bus ride I never signed up for. I wish they'd pull over and let me out at the next station. I can walk my way back to HEALTHYTOWN faster.