Thursday, January 15, 2004

Poetry? Naughty Words? I Know It's Not Much But It's The Best I Can Do

The scene in Moulin Rouge where Satine and Christian first meet and he sings "Your Song" by Elton John with her nearly having an orgasm over him saying the lyrics as poetry to her ... it's some scene.

Satine: Oh poetry, yes, yes, yes this is what I want, naughty words. Ohh...

Christian: I--I don't have much money, but, boy, if I did I'd buy us a big house where we both could live...

Satine: Oh yes, yes...Oh yes... oh naughty!

Christian: If I were a sculptor, but then again no. Or a man who makes potions for a traveling show.

Satine: Oh...don't...don't...don't...don't stop!!! Christian: I know it's not much...

Satine: Give me more, yes...yes...YES!

Christian: But it's the best I can do.

Satine: NAUGHTY! DON'T STOP...YES, YES, YES!

SONG - YOUR SONG

Christian: My gift is my song
and this one's for you
And you can tell everybody that this is your song
It may be quite simple but now that it's done...
I hope you don't mind,
I hope you don't mind...
that I put down in words...
How wonderful life is now you're in the world.