Sunday, January 18, 2004

Pilgrim Church -- Just Add Snow

I love my church. It continues to be a difficult temptation to ditch church and watch all the Sunday morning political shows, but I resisted today.

Glad I did. Church is like exercise. You can think of a million reasons NOT to bother exercising and NOT to bother going to church, but when you push yourself to go work out or go work out spiritually, you're so glad you did and it gives 10 fold back.

The program was about Martin Luther King and most of the hymns were gospel songs -- great ones -- which I'll blog about. It was good to think about Martin Luther King and give politics a break for a while. Not that MLK wasn't political, but in a very different way.

This is a picture of my church, but just add a soft snow, like bits of cold fur falling on your face and you'll get the idea.