Friday, January 30, 2004

I Pledge Allegiance

I still like Dean. I'm still a Dean supporter. I just wanted to say it. I like what he DARED to talk about when no one else would. I'm not naive and I see he's stepped in shit more than a few times. I don't think it will be easy to clean off his shoes quickly, but I still think he is vastly different from the other Democratic nominees. I think most of the gaffes he's made, originate in his intention to be honest and tell the truth. You can damn him for that, but it seems preferable to the blow dryer stylings of John Kerry, who I just don't trust.

I'd like to stop trusting Dean will step in shit again. That's for sure. I'd like to trust that he will continue to tell us the truth and fight to get this country back from the aristocracy and return it to common working people. I think he tells such painful truth about what is really happening in America, many people would rather look away and see pretty ads on TV that play pretty music and make them feel warm and cozy.

Dean needs to stop being so shrill and scary. I know these are scary times the country is going through. I know he feels a moral responsibility to wake us up, but I'd rather wake to a warm cup of coffee than a siren going off.

One of the earliest themes of this election was all about how the Democrats got screwed in the last election in Florida. The guy in the middle of that insanity now runs Dean's campaign. There's something interesting about that. Maybe we need to remember how that felt. Maybe Roy Neel can remind us of what's at stake.

There are ten months to go. That's a lot of months. There are a pile of delegates to go. This many.

Dean has never disappointed me in how determined he is to run this race to the very end. And I don't intend to disappoint him by wavering in my support when he obviously needs it.