Thursday, January 15, 2004

Chinese Food

We have a half day of school on Thursdays for the elementary schools here in my town. So my son is free at about 12:15 and in this dreadful 2 degree below zero weather we decided to go out to lunch. With this cold, you just end up huddling inside so much it gets to be claustraphobic, so it's good to make some trips out for fun things to do.

I did NOT want to go to this restaurant -- it's a not so great Chinese restaurant near the center of town. My kid talked me into it. They have a buffet and that means they get a good crowd. This weather can make you so cranky, if not depressed, it was great to be out and about with a lunch crowd all bundled up and happy to have lots of hot steam tables full of Chinese food to choose from. We got egg rolls and hot and sour soup and spicy green beans and fried rice and noodles and sweet and sour pork and sesame cookies for dessert. Sometimes my son knows how to live better than I do. We both had a great time and went back in the deep freeze with a good bellyful of food.