Thursday, January 08, 2004

Am I Up?

At 5:25, I'm wondering, am I up for the day? Sometimes when I go to bed early, as I did last night, I'll wake VERY early (like 3:48am) which I did this morning. I have some flex in my schedule and work at home most of the time and so have the incredible luxury of being able to sneak back into bed if I get up too early and feel like getting some more of that great morning baby-in-her-crib super cosy sleep. On this record below zero Boston morning, I may not be able to resist.

It's the ideal sleep for big crazy silly sexy dreams for instance, so it's rather inviting. It can be the kind of sleep that makes you dream you're driving a big baby blue, sea-breezy open convertible down a sunny blindingly bright Miami boulevard and you suddenly remove the steering wheel of the car, hand it generously to the passenger next to you, who's conversation has gotten tedious and then smiling, you stand up, taking a quick leep off the padded driver's seat like a springy diving board, pressing your hands together in a prayerful shape above your head, doing a quick high dive from car into the blue blue blue blue yes splash ocean and paddling around, suddenly redressed in a great bikini and a great new body to go with it, in a virtual ocean of azure jello. Oh look, there's a guy on the beach waving for me to come share his blanket. I'll wave back. I'm way out at sea, but this blue jello ocean is easy to walk on, three bouncy steps and I'm on the sand, walking his way. Despite the gelatin ocean swim, I'm not sticky and blue, but clean and tan and feeling wonderful. Who is he anyway? Looks friendly. He's got a funny grin, I like it. Looks like a guy who knows how to have fun.

Yes, I think I am NOT up for the day and might need to crawl back into the dream factory.