Tuesday, December 23, 2003

IMHO

A friend who blogs here, asked me for my opinion on this. Hope you don't mind, but I'm between planes at O'Hare, so I think I'll let you know what I think later, okay? I'm printing the piece out to read on the next plane.

Grey, grey, grey -- hell, even GRAY, I'd say as we pull into O'Hare and it's snowing. Day before day before Christmas, white snow, orange alert, grey sky. Have to say I love the snow. It's so whimsical a weather. Who dreamed it up? It's completely silly. Babies in the plane paw the windows -- they want that white stuff.

I descended to the audio channel of air traffic controllers cool as cukes, what a job on a day like today. They riddle raddle off the plane numbers America 244, United 2519iner, Delta 223 Heavy. I forget what heavy means. I'll ask a friend.