Monday, December 08, 2003

The Halley Show

Did a lot of driving this weekend which means a lot of thinking and pondering.

Alan Webber once told me over lunch, "Blogs are performance art." I thought he had hit the nail on the head.

And this weekend, I was thinking they are like having your own 24 hour cable channel -- All Halley All The Time -- which might be incredibly annoying if you don't want to tune into my mind continuously.

Christ and Christmas -- I'm the first one who'll admit even I don't want to tune into my mind 24x7.

So that got me thinking about what a bully this medium is. Blogging is a bully's medium. It lets narcissists and egomaniacs (me included) run wild and pollute your mind with their thoughts. I was thinking of some of the arrogant obnoxious blogs that really get on my nerves -- there are some, but I'm not naming them. But it's like being married to a big arrogant bore who never stops telling the same stupid jokes over dinner. BOR-ing!

Feel free at any moment to turn off The Halley Show.