Saturday, December 27, 2003

Great Day

Got a lot done today, worked out and also had a terrific lunch at a sushi restaurant with a friend. Excellent food, excellent conversation. One thing's for sure. I don't know squat about Japanese food really. I still take forever looking blankly at the menu and for all the tekka maki I've eaten you'd think I'd remember what's what, but I don't.

One time someone ordered this adorable little seaweed that looked like tiny bare tree branches from a winter forest and I missed the name. It took me a long time to find out what it was and order it again. I think it's called hijiki (?)

I am completely addicted to the steamed salty soybeans in the shell, edamame. That's one thing I don't forget.

I ate too much wasabi -- hot horseradish -- today. I don't know what got into me. Living dangerously.