Saturday, November 22, 2003

A Woman's Right To Choose Dean

So Blogumentary is very complimentary today, giving me high marks over at his site. The "his" I find out is Chuck Olsen. Thanks, Chuck, you're the best. I'm sending you an honorary Alpha Male award by the next post ... I mean, mail ... I mean, what did Yahoo call it in that spam warning they sent me? ... oh, yeah, "postal mail" ... never heard that before. I used to think of it as a letter.

Anyway, you note that I am a big Dean supporter. Actually I'm NOT a Dean supporter, or at least not yet. I really like Dean, but I worry maybe Dean won't like me ... that is, maybe he won't like me supporting him, I mean I just published a story in Penthouse. Maybe if I support Dean and then someone finds out that people who write stories for Penthouse support Dean, this won't help him one little bit.

Maybe if I say nice things about him, someone will get the wrong idea and I'll turn more Dean supporters OFF than ON, so I've tried to officially kindof NOT mention I'm a Dean supporter.

Also a lot of my readers tell me they really don't like me writing about politics, "stick with the sexy underwear links" they advise. So you see, I'm kindof in the proverbial no-woman's-land ... you could say I'm between a rock and a hard place.

Besides, it was a tradition in my family for all registered women voters not to spill the beans and tell who they supported until the very end of the race or maybe never. If they were going out leafleting for Eugene McCarthy for instance, they'd claim they were going to look at wallpaper swatches. We Suitt women were never ones to vault onto any bandwagon going by.

But I'll make you a deal, if you want, I'll go up to Vermont and see if I can meet Dean one of these days and then I'll even make it public if I decide he's the kind of guy I want running my country, okay? I'm pretty sure we'll hit it off, so stay tuned.