Friday, November 07, 2003

A Number Of Sisters

A number of sisters of mine left me messages the other day to ask if I'd had my other eye surgery done last week and how it was going. They were kind to remember the date. No, I actually had to put it off and reschedule it because so much is going on right now and though I feel like a woman with one short leg and one long leg -- what with one eye working so well and the other useless -- I just couldn't take the recovery time (even though it's short) this past week, expecially with a lot of writing to do, job interviews and a lot of other things going on. I really did NOT want to postpone it, but I had to.

As great as Dr. Shingleton is -- and let me say it DR. SHINGLETON AND HIS WHOLE TEAM ARE SO GREAT -- there's a lot of weird adjustments your eyes and BRAIN have to make after the surgery. It's just too hectic now. It really can slow you down in the writing and reading department as one eye gets synched with the other.

For you geeks, it's like buying a new computer and setting up all your software again. Better to make do with your old machine, unless its really on its last legs than take the time to upgrade.