Monday, November 17, 2003

Monday Meeting Reschedule

To All Staff: The Monday Morning Editorial Meeting will NOT be at 9:00 today, but is rescheduled for 12:00 Noon EST to accomodate all those far-flung bloggers in Vegas for Comdex and those even further afield.

Kudos to Cory in the NYTimes Sunday Mag yesterday. All I want for Xmas is a roomba, oh yes.

And I did not appreciate hearing from the security guards at Mandalay Bay that three of you were being held for questioning after being chased naked through the lobby wearing a parrot , no wait, ... how did they put it, not a parrot, but "an extremely expensive rare cockatoo." BTW, the cost for letting the parrot escape is $2500, which the three of you can split. Try keeping your cockatoos locked up next time guys.

We have a new editorial assistant joining us as of today. Her name is Candy, now, folks be nice. She used to work at Penthouse and I know she can handle anything you throw at her. She'll be demonstrating how to load the lower paper tray in the new copier, with "the big paper" as you techy geniuses refer to it.

A brief reminder -- the deadlines on the Thanksgiving pieces are THIS FRIDAY, we try to publish these holiday treats BEFORE the actual holiday. I don't want to hear any excuses. I want to see rough drafts by this Thursday. Here's the list I have so far:

Locke: How Martha Stewart Killed Turkey Day
Ito: Remind Me Why I'm Giving Thanks Again
Weinberger: Why My Wife Wanted To Kill Me When I Invited 20,000 Dean Supporters To Dinner A Week Before Thanksgiving
Devine: Thanksgiving Feed: Dining on RSS and Politicoblogs For The Holidays
Doc: Holiday Rug Cleaning Tips

And feel free to stop asking me about my trip to NYC this weekend -- I'll be posting my trip report later today.