Friday, November 07, 2003

Job Lob

After a pretty dry period, I'm suddenly getting a lot of jobs lobbed at me. Keeping them in play over the net with a few well-placed backhand strokes. Had a second interview with some folks in Cambridge about a gig. Have a meeting this morning downtown for another job. Got a great opportunity for a writing gig over the e-transom this week. Working on my own book. Maybe the economy IS coming back for real, not just in George Bush's mind.

Used to be absolutely allergic to being in an office -- loved to be the free agent -- but I'm beginning to change my mind on that front. It's generally healthier to have a bunch of people to care about every day (and have care about you) than being on your own too much. They have cool things in offices like water coolers and paper clips and pizza lunches. And there's so much great gossip and histrionics. People in a huff. People slamming doors. People telling secrets. Pretty exciting stuff for a writer like me.