Monday, November 10, 2003

Halley's Best of Boston -- Submarines

I think I'm going to start writing my own Best of Boston. I just got a Turkey Sub at D'Agostino's Deli in Arlington Heights. The place is so good. The subs are a foot long, overstuffed with a different kind of deli meat each day -- Roast Beef Sub or Turkey Sub, or Meatball Sub or Pastrami Sub -- it's different every day. The price for the daily special is $3.89. All the other subs are available too, they just cost a bit more if they aren't the daily special. They are all terrific.

I was really really trying to resist and NOT stop there. I made a silent bet with myself that I would ONLY stop if it were a TURKEY SUB day -- subs aren't exactly on my diet. I figured I had it covered -- what was the chance today's sub was turkey?!

Well, of course, it was TURKEY SUB SPECIAL today. And it is so terrific! Or to use the common Boston parlance -- wicked good!