Sunday, November 09, 2003

Good Lord

Looking forward to meeting up with Dervala in New York, but I think she's looking forward even more to simply making it back to civilization. Canada is a little more uncivilized than I imagined. She's living in a log cabin with no running water and the temperature is 20 below CELSIUS!
"As for personal dirt, it’ll freeze on my skin and chip off nicely. I only have to manage until Tuesday, when I hop the Greyhound to New York and temporarily resume my glamourpuss life, complete with glamorous indoor plumbing."

I think we better hold her hostage in the Big Apple and not let her return to the wilds of Ottawa, sorry, I mean Ontario. It's one thing to rough it in Thailand, but surely parts of Canada have running water, maybe even bathtubs.

Just teasing -- wanted to get a rise out of our Canadian bloggers -- hey, Boris, hey, Accordian Guy, what gives?!