Saturday, November 22, 2003

The Big Saturday Night Lie

Okay, you guys. I'm outing all of us. I call this "The Big Saturday Night Lie" and you know what I'm about to say.

On Saturday Nights, round about 6:00pm, all the blogging slows down to a standstill.

Now, everybody knows that we're all PRETENDING we have a hot date and we're getting laid on Saturday Nights (and that only Gnome-Girl probably is). So fess up -- WE KNOW YOU'RE HOME ALONE ON SATURDAY NIGHT DOING NOTHING -- and from now on I'm sending my Saturday Night Spider out to catch you in the act.

Yes, I've been coding up a nasty little app that will publish an RSS feed listing who's getting it and who's not on Saturday Night. The only way to be spared this humiliation is to blog some cool stuff on Saturday nights for all our amusement.

Now the rare three or four of you who really are out getting it on Saturday night, you're all at risk too. My app can chase you dfown the street and moblog and audioblog your sorry ass all over town and show the world what you're up to, so you need to do some pre-posts in draft form, keep them ready for Saturday night and then release them early in the evening and then later when you get home and before you get the girl into the sack, got it? You know who I'm talking to, you listening? :)

But the BIG Saturday Night Truth is, it's always better to stay home on Saturdays and do all your partying and catting around on some other night when no one else is out. Restaurants, theatres, clubs are all too packed on Saturdays. I figure we should start making Wednesdays the Stealthy Hottest Night In Town from now on.