Sunday, September 14, 2003

Sunday Afternoon Papers, Coffee, Tea, Movies, Rain

Nice day to do nothing and nothing much to do. Weather's funky, papers are thick, tea is good -- black and green -- also coffee in blue willowware cups, Chinese people walking about under weeping trees and rain to keep us straying too far from home.

I'll look for a movie on the 532 cable channels I have and never watch. Might even find one that's just starting, instead of watching the movie from the middle to the end and then the beginning to the middle. Later when people ask if I've seen it, my face gets wrinkly, "Well ..." I say, "yes," all the time knowing I watched it inside out.

Some days like this I feel just like a grown-up -- kindof modern, mysterious, mature -- at least for a few minutes. And then I feel like I always feel -- about age 12, ready for another adventure, not sure what's coming my way, full of spit and vinegar, tempting fate, laughing at most everything and everyone.

You know, I really sound like this in my own head. Weird, eh?