Thursday, August 07, 2003

Thanks So Much Werner!

Gotta love blogging. Werner from @cs.cornell.edu sent me this email just now to save my Sony! Ah! My Alpha Male Geek Hero! Love these guys with big brains.
Halley,

I also lost some essential keys once and couldn't get them replaced by the vendor. I don't know whether you have tried this already but first line of defense is to pop two useless keys from your keyboard and put them in the place of the lost ones, so that you can at least type again (numlock and pause/break come to mind). It looks weird but at least you can use it again ...

Awfully enough the cheapest way to bring the keyboard back to it rightful state is to replace it. It costs $65 mail-order, but luckily it is rather simple to install (http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/sony/parts/147723011.asp).



Now if I could just get Sony to pay you for your excellent customer support!