Monday, August 18, 2003

Lunch With Dave and Bob

Wow, so lunch with Dave Winer and Bob Graham at the Manchester NH Rotary Club was fun. When Dave took pix of Graham, I sat at the table alone stealing fish and pasta from his plate -- Dave's, that is -- don't tell him. Mmmm ... not bad. It was a buffet and I missed the fish completely.

There was a lot to like about Graham. I particularly liked the fact that he spends days working at various jobs. He told a story about working as an orderly in a nursing home for nine long hours. Very cool that he actually works. What would be really incredible is to work nine hours as an orderly and then get laid off. Now that's the economy we're enjoying now.

BTW, their press guy in DC sent me email REALLY fast with the name of the local guy travelling with Sen. Graham and they were all terrific and helpful. The guys at the Rotary Club were very hospitable -- especially my new friend Tom who sells insurance.