Tuesday, July 01, 2003

It's A Mom Thing

Okay, I have to admit, I broke down and got my kid a SonyPlaystation2 for his birthday against all my best intentions, but GEEZ it's fun. I'm here doing email, cooking gyoza dumplings, throwing in laundry, chatting with friends and my kid is stuck with Jax and Daxter (or some game I got him) and getting all upset because he can't line up some cross-haired device with some glowing orb or something -- I don't get it at all, but he asks for help, knowing all along that I stink that this kind of thing.

I take the controller, move it quickly into place and blue beams start shooting from blue bulb to blue bulb and I've done exactly what was needed in 2 seconds. He screams, "How did you do that Mom?!" "I don't know," says I, "but I couldn't stand burning the dumplings so I just did something." He is still stunned, and stuck in place. I fly into the kitchen and find the gyoza dumplings are just right -- not stuck to the bottom of the pan. Multi-tasker, thy name is mother.