Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Just About

It's just about the most perfect day. For one thing, it's now and it's new and this morning, I woke up and I noticed right off .. "Hey! I'm alive!" ... and I'm not one to take that for granted. As a kid I was sick a lot and would wake up in hospital beds. And that's a place where you're particularly appreciative to notice on any given moring when you wake up that you happen to be alive. It's basic, but it's really really nice to notice that you're alive in a hospital. Then they bring you that airplane food and you don't give a shit, because even if it's dreadful food, you're alive and that's great.

So just think of what could happen today. Just about anything. That alone takes my breath away. What a perfect day it is, just about the best day ever, just about the most perfect day. Anything could happen.

What if by accident I got in a cab and went to the airport and flew somewhere, like Los Angeles or San Fran or New York, or London, or Amsterdam or Paris ... that could happen. Or what if I met a friend for a drink in town and we just yucked it up a lot and had so much fun? Or what if someone asked me to speak at a conference that I was really keen on speaking at? Or what if someone sent me flowers? Or what if I heard from a friend in email I was really missing? Or what if I got to blog a silly blog post that was fun to write and even more fun to weave full of funny pictures and ideas? Or what if my son gave me a big hug and said, "Mom, you're the best mom a kid could ever have?" Oh, my goodness, he just did that! I guess this is just about the most perfect day. Hope yours is just as good.