Friday, February 21, 2003

About Dinner

Did you ever start explaining something to a group of people at work and then you look up suddenly, thinking you're making perfect sense and realize by the expressions on the faces around you that everyone thinks you're quite MAD and that the more you explain the more totally INSANE they think you are? It happens quite a lot to me.

We were having a party at work and I ate some really excellent camembert cheese and said "that's dinner." And it was about 3:30 in the afternoon, so someone asked me what I meant. So I started explaining how I almost never eat dinner.

I was explaining how stupid I think dinner is. I was explaining that I never eat dinner because I get up at about 4:00am to work out and eat gobs and gobs of breakfast, so by the time dinner rolls around, what's the point? I usually eat my last food around 4:00pm. And then I was starting into a jag about the fact that another good reason not to eat dinner is that there are so many other more interesting things to do round about dinner time. Like ... and then I looked up because I was going to launch into a thing about talking dirty on the phone to your boyfriend or just plain good old common garden variety mastrubating or writing about Alpha Males or sending away for personalized address labels with the Taz as your character of choice or doing laundry -- all things I find more fun than eating dinner -- but then I realized I'd already lost most of them way before by saying I get up at 4:00am and if not then, I certainly would loose a few of them when I explained I preferred phone sex to pork chops and apple sauce.

So I stopped. I've finally learned to stop before I just dig myself in too deep, besides I was beginning to let my mind wander and I was sort of grinning and thinking of something really delicious to do tonight for dinner -- very low calorie, and lots of fun.