Monday, December 02, 2002

Connecting Men and Women

I'll be in class for the next few days with Terry Real, the author of I Don't Want To Talk About It and How Can I Get Through To You?. Should be interesting. Check this out, a quotation from the latter book.
So go love's small murders, tiny everyday escalations of injury, reacted to by disconnection, causing more injury, until one fast-forwards to a couple whose initial passion has become so 'encrusted' with disappointment that they barely function as a couple anymore.

He believes there's a way to come back from this. I have to wonder why we treat each other so poorly in relationships. I'm glad he's optimistic that you can learn how to fix things. You can learn the tools that help you NOT commit "love's small murders" and create a way of being honest and whole and loving with another person.