Thursday, November 14, 2002

No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Yes, at the Harvard Digital ID Conference, I'm hosting a dinner, but don't think it's all play and no work. We have to answer a serious question during dinner Friday night and get our answers back to the conference folks in time for them to post them on Saturday:

How is Harvard's brand managed, controlled, and developed in the digital context?
I have some thoughts about it. For instance, listen to this "When I graduated from Harvard Business School, I decided to go to Europe and travel for a while before settling into a job." and now tell me if this sounds different "When I graduated from Upper Saddle River Technical Institute, I decided to go to Europe and travel for a while before settling into a job."

Paint a different picture? Wanna talk brand?

[Editor's note: At a recent speaking engagement, before a crowd of hundreds, Christopher Locke was seen on his knees, genuflecting on stage when uttering the word "brand".]