Friday, November 01, 2002

Going Swimming

I had slipped up and hadn't been swimming a lot lately and then went for a big dip this past Wednesday night and it was so great. It's not easy coming out with wet hair into the icy weather, but still, it's such a treat to go swimming. I forgot how much I missed it. I'm going tonight.

You don't have to change your life a lot for it to get kindof lousy, you can just forget to do the things that you really like to do. You can forget to workout in the morning. You can forget to go swimming. You can forget to eat right and then all of a sudden, your life starts to pretty much stink. And you go, "Hey, wait a minute, my life is kindof stinking here, what happened?"

Spirals down and spirals up. You can REMEMBER how to treat yourself well and change your life too. You can remember to go sit in the hot tub. You can remember to call someone you like to talk to. You can remember to clean up the house and make the bed at the beginning of the day. And then you'll notice, "Hey, my life is pretty great." It's all the simple, dumb stuff my mom taught me and she was right.