Friday, November 08, 2002

Exercise -- Why I Started

Jonathon Mays asks me how I started exercising which actually leaves me ... puzzled. I can't remember a time I didn't exercise -- except maybe in school as a kid when I hated gym, but I still went home after school and rode my bike and roller skated and pogo-sticked and bongo-boarded and ice skated and swam and walked and ran.

Also, we spent the summers in a really rural place in a rented summer house with no TV and spent nearly every minute outside, swimming, sailing, walking, bike-riding, skinny dipping under the moon.

This recent bout of exercise, I started to do a lot more exercise about two winters ago when I realized after moving from California, that a Boston winter sitting inside all the time was going to be very unhealthy and very boring.