Wednesday, November 27, 2002

Another Thanksgiving

Another Thanksgiving I made the idiotic mistake of buying a turkey sandwich with mayonnaise in a grungy little deli in Grand Central Station on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I was starving and we were going to take the train from Grand Central to Greenwich, Connecticut (we often got out at the seedy Port Chester station which was closer to our side of Greenwich) and I figured I just had to eat or I would be too ravenous by the time I got up to my parent’s house.

Can you spell s-a-l-m-o-n-e-l-l-a? The mayonnaise was bad on the sandwich is all I could figure. I was so sick, my mom said I looked green. I spent most of the Thanksgiving holiday vomiting and taking a medicine they gave me to stop me from vomiting, which, of course, I instantly vomited up. That was the big slimfast Thanksgiving.