Friday, August 30, 2002

Minding My Own Business


Holy Heck. The post below seems to have generated some heat. Let me answer a few questions.


Dave Winer poses the Zen koan If business books are men's romance novels, what are women's business books? What the heck does that mean? Perhaps I need to linger longer over this existential question. Here's my favorite women's business book. This woman knew how to take care of business.


Meanwhile, Shelley says I'm a sexist .... no, no, she doesn't ACTUALLY SAY that because she got in such a mix-up recently with Doc when she called him one, so now she spells it stealthily. She suggests I might be a ... s_x_st. Shelley, I think you mean romance novels are sexist, doncha? [BTW, Doc thanks for blogging me, you're the best.]

All I meant is that business books are marketed to men like escapist fiction -- there's a brave hero who comes up with a brilliant idea and saves the day, or saves the market or some such. I like the idea -- we need heros out there, especially in this economy. That's all I ever intended.