Sunday, August 18, 2002

Lawyers, Guns And Money


Once again I have to apologize for not mentioning a particularly great blog and adding it to my blogroll -- it's just sheer laziness on my part. I've been reading Denise Howell's Bag and Baggage for quite a while and it gets better and better. As a lawyer in Southern California with a mind that's sharp as a tack, it's not good to miss even one day (she's mega-prolific) of her blog. Check out August 15th about women in the "Legally Blond" generation -- her piece on Margaret Heffernan's Fast Company article on how women rule.

I'm biased because she lives in my old neck of the woods and I get a big thrill listening to her recount freeway trips, restaurant visits and other So Cal amusements I sure miss here in Boston. When the weather starts to cool here and I'm jonesing for Manhattan Beach, I'll be visiting her palmtree-lined, azure-tinted Pacific Ocean musings even more.

All the leaves are brown, and the sky is grey, I went for a walk, on a winter's day, I'd be safe and warm, if I was in LA, California Dreaming, on such a winter's day.

Now to go add her to my blogroll -- wish me luck -- I always screw it up.